.STL File Exporter for Lightwave3D 11.X 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Exporting 3d printable model files directly from Lightwave3D has been slightly tricky until now. .STL, although dates is by far the most common 3d print file format. Chilton Webb has re-written the .STL exporter for Lightwave3D first written by. Now it is easier than ever before to export 3D printable models directly from Lightwave. 2.0 is almost a complete rewrite of the original, and should fix all kinds of stuff.
Changes in version 2.0
* Updated LScript commands for compatibility with 9.x through 11.5
* Switched to ASCII only.
* Got rid of Mac/PC issues
* Fixes invert issues by default to maximize compatibility
* Added more robust error checking instead of deleting random parts of user’s model
* Added base unit scale, assuming output requires mm support.
* Added rotation for x axis, so finished products are oriented in the same direction as they are in LW
* Corrected undo calculation so *hopefully* there is no difference to your model after using this script.
* Fixed some other stuff I forgot to pay attention to
* Updated notes in lscript so the user knows what they’re getting into.
* Added reference notes in the stl file so you can remember where you put the original file by reading the STL.
* Added better error checking for filename conflicts and other issues.
You can also watch a short video showing how to use the exporter plugin here: